Wednesday 8 January 2014

getting my bottlebrush on...

A month or so ago the bottlebrush was in bloom throughout Canberra. We have a really bright bottlebrush shrub growing in our backyard which managed to produce some flowers even though we only planted it a year ago. They are very delicate flowers- with an enormous amount of detail. They don't make very good cut flowers, although I did try to add a bit of colour to our kitchen with them...


I've always loved naturalist paintings, however have never really been that interested in flora. However, I was inspired one day to have a go at painting a bottlebrush as I love delicate, intricate things. So, this is what I came up with...


I have since turned it into a fabric print through Spoonflower and I am waiting for my first test print of it. Will see how we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment